The outline planning application for proposals at Moors Fields, Station Road, has been validated and registered (December 2021) by Uttlesford District Council (UDC).
The application includes:
- Up to 180 new homes (reduced from 200) including 40% affordable homes i.e. 72 affordable houses
- The proposed homes would be built to meet the 2025 Future Homes Standard, delivering Net Zero Ready homes which reduce carbon emissions by at least 75% beyond current regulations
- Additional green links through the developable area, and the site is designed to prioritise sustainable and active modes of travel, including walking, cycling, bus travel and electric vehicles
- Improvements would be made to existing pedestrian and cycle links and local bus stops, and all homes would be provided with electric vehicle charging points
- An office hub to enable local remote working following changing working patters since Covid
- A new countryside park that covers 50% of the site, totalling in excess of 17.2 acres (7 hectares) of publicly accessible open space, which greatly exceeds policy requirements. The park would include allotments, a community orchard, new play areas, ecological areas and a circular walking and cycling trail. This would provide new and existing residents a complimentary community facility to the open space located to the south of Flitch Green
- Deliver Biodiversity Net Gain: The countryside park has been designed to deliver biodiversity net gain, including significant tree planting. The submitted Biodiversity Net Gain Assessment demonstrates a +29.24% gain in biodiversity across the site, which is well in excess of the +10% mandated in the Environment Act
Following advice from officers, the application is accompanied by a detailed Design and Access Statement that provides a design code for different character areas within the site setting out how the design of the development will meet the criteria set out in Homes England’s Building for a Healthy Life design toolkit.
The application can be viewed using the website link below and the application reference number - UTT/21/3596/OP.
Statutory consultees (e.g. Environment Agency, Highways England, Natural England and the Parish Council) and local residents have the opportunity to formally comment on the application.
We will continue to work closely with UDC wand will respond to statutory consultees through the planning application process. The website www.catesby-moorsfields.co.uk will be updated as the application progresses.