Catesby Estates have resubmitted a outline planning application for Wellington Gardens, Witchford to East Cambridgeshire District Council.
There are no changes to the proposals, however the application does include additional new information which will resolve the original reasons for refusal.
The application is currently awaiting registration, and once registered it will be available to view at: https://pa.eastcambs.gov.uk/online-applications/.
East Cambridgeshire District Council will carry out a formal consultation on the proposals with local residents. We will respond to any comments made during the application determination period.
Our proposals include:
- Up to 44 new homes.
- Policy compliant 30% affordable homes.
- Provision of a well-balanced mix of housing which will help to address the current balance in the housing stock, and meet the current and future housing needs of the district including smaller 1 and 2 bed properties.
- Existing hedgerows and trees will be supplemented with landscape buffers to retain the rural character as well as providing a haven for local wildlife. An additional 2m buffer is to be provided along Dunham’s Lane following discussions with Witchford Parish Council.
- Provision of a new cycle route and footpaths across the site to connect the existing footpaths along Dunham’s Lane and Granny’s End Road.
- The housing layout has been arranged to respect the boundary lines of the existing properties following consultation.
- A 3m bund and fence is proposed for the northern edge of the site, and homes located in this location will be carefully planned to protect resident’s amenity from noise.
Find out more about the site here.